Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Glen Smith's Diary (Page 66)

//Panel 1//
Edgar:
…since she passed away.
Louis:
Ah…oh, I see.
//Panel 2//
Edgar:
So what's your interesting story?
Louis:
Yeah, I have an aunt called Margrid and…
//Panel 4//
Louis:
Well… it's not that interesting. Sorry for stopping you. It was a joke… Sorry about your sister.
//Panel 5//
Allan:
Edgar!
//Panel 6//
Edgar:
See ya!
Louis:
…Hmmm.
//Panel 8//
Louis:
…No way, can it be…?

End "Glen Smith's Diary" June 1972


Now we come to a full cycle of life, and we see Edgar again. Good thing Louis decided not to say anything, because Edgar would have taken care of him if he found out what he knew.

Anyhow, I am really impressed with how Moto Hagio packed nearly 65 years of history surrounding four generations of a family into 24 pages of manga, and how complete it feels. I never felt like I was rushed. Moto Hagio is a master storyteller indeed.

No comments: