Friday, June 1, 2007

The Clan of the Poes (Page 80)

//Panel 1//
Allan:
I'm Allan. Allan Twilight.
//Panel 3//
Edgar:
I'm Edgar.
//Panel 4//
Allan:
You don't look familiar. Not from the same school, I suppose.
Edgar:
School?
//Panel 5//
Allan:
Saint Windsor, of course.
Edgar:
My family just moved into the house on the cape.
//Panel 6//
Allan:
That red house? When?
Edgar:
Yes, the ivy-covered one…just yesterday.
//Panel 7//
Allan:
…huh, an outsider…!
//Panel 8//
Edgar:
Which way is the cape? I think I'm lost.
Allan:
To the right!
//Panel 9//
Edgar:…
Thanks, Allan Twilight…

Where did Hagio Moto get the name "Saint Windsor" from? It sounds like she was attempting to find a traditional-sounding name in the line of Eton or some other preppy school. Or maybe there was a saint named Windsor out there somewhere, perhaps. In any case, it is obviously the only school in town for a boy from a "good" family, which the quick-witted Edgar immediately picks up on.

No comments: