Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Clan of the Poes (Page 165)

//Panel 1//
Jane:
Now, now, everything's fine. Just stay like this. You’re scared of lightning?
Marybel:
Yes. I hate it. The flash…the flash of light…
//Panel 2//
SFX:
RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE
//Panel 3//
Jane:
Such pretty curls…
//Panel 4//
Jane:
Oh, I’m no match for Lady Sheila.
Jane:
You take after your mother, and will grow up to be a lovely woman.
//Panel 5//
Jane:
Oh dear. I’m whining yet again.
Marybel:
…about my mother…
Marybel:
I don’t know anything about her. I heard she died right after giving birth to me.
Jane:
…Oh, Marybel…I…
Marybel:
Just that I’m told I look exactly as she did as a child.
//Panel 6//
Marybel:
Jane, do you like Sheila?
Jane:
Pardon? Oh, yes. She is truly an adult, and so feminine…
Eventually you’ll be a grown-up, too.
//Panel 7//
Marybel:
…I wonder…Do you really think so?
Jane:
Tomorrow you’ll be even better than today…
//Panel 8//
SFX:
SLAM!

No comments: