Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Clan of the Poes (Page 149)

//Panel 2//
Clifford:
……I don’t know. I’ve never seen one.
But I believe in spirits. As a child, I saw one often.
Allan:
Spirits!?
//Panel 3//
Clifford:
Even in daylight I could see one, you know……
With a narrow face and long, black hair……
Much later, I realized that it was my mother. What strange talk.
//Panel 4//
Allan:
Were you frightened?
Clifford:
Even in the daylight I was scared. Though I can’t exactly say why.
The oddity of seeing something you shouldn’t be able to see…
//Panel 5//
Clifford:
What’s this? It looks like finger marks.
//Panel 6//
Allan:
Ah…I told Edgar my throat was sore, and as a joke he pressed my throat……just lightly.
Clifford:
Lightly? It’s red.
//Panel 7//
Allan:
Well, Doctor, do you think vampires exist?

No comments: