Friday, April 27, 2007

The Village of the Poes (Page 27)

//Panel 1//
Glen Smith:
…How is Marybel…?
Edgar:
We don't know yet.
//Panel 2//
Glen Smith:
…I take full responsibility.
Please call your servant. I want to dispatch a message.
//Panel 3//
Glen Smith:
I'm a guest of the Earl of Rutland at Sundown Castle. I think they may be worried about me disappearing in the middle of the hunt—I just want to let them know I am here in this village…
//Panel 4//
Edgar:
There's no need for that. If Marybel dies, I'm going to kill you.
//Panel 5//
Edgar:
If Marybel turns out fine, I'll send you off without a scratch.
//Panel 6//
Glen Smith:
NONSENSE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just found this site and wanted to THANK YOU for making The Poe Family available. I fell in love with Moto Hagio's A'A" years ago and have been waiting for more of her work to appear every since. As the big publishers aren't stepping up, thanks for doing it yourself.

Nancy said...

You're quite welcome, a.! And if this site can generate enough traffic, it's very possible that publishers will take notice of the demand and sanction an official translation. So please spread the word!

Nancy said...

Thanks a lot, biby. There truly is worldwide interest in this series. I wonder how word got around about her, since she's hardly been translated out of Japanese. If other languages (I don't know...German, for example?) have more availability of her work than English, I'd be curious to know, so feel free to clue me in! The US publishing industry has not been friendly toward translations up until now, but maybe the rising popularity of manga will influence this trend for the better.